Analyse business requirements, design, develop, implement, monitor, support, troubleshoot and maintain a portfolio of new and existing software applications and services, from high-level business requirements and designs, through the SDLC.
- Contribute to user acceptance testing (UAT) and training material.
- Help diagnose root causes of systems issues using problem-solving skills.
- Log issues found in existing systems as internal change controls and ensure successful resolution of issues.
- Provide authoritative expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and stakeholders in order to ensure that expectations are managed.
- Once the solution has been successfully tested, deliver the code into the applicable production environment.
- Collaborate with testing team to co-create test cases.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and team members.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of industry and subject matter development and application thereof in an area of specialisation.
- Conduct Unit Testing of own code, and System Integration Testing (SIT) of solution.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Provide stakeholders with regular feedback on the technical design and timelines for solution.
- Monitor performance of solutions and make recommendations to improve the performance and functionality of the solution.
- Build and maintain collaborative, professional relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Health background an advantage
- AWS Advantage
- Java Developer
- Java EE 5
- Git/ Jenkins
- WebSphere portal and application server v8.5.5
Qualification & Experience:
- A Computer Science degree with Mathematics / Statistics
- 5-7 years of experience
- Object orientated analysis, design and pattern experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A