Website Life Healthcare
One vacancy has arisen for an Occupational Therapy Technician to work as Rehabilitation Assistants at Algoa Frail Care Centre. The candidate must have a strong interest and ability working with physical neurological conditions The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Occupational Therapist and the Therapy Coordinator. The candidate will be responsible for meeting the needs of the internal customers through the execution of ward program activities, participating in hospital events and form part of a dynamic professional team that is continuously striving for the highest quality standards in patient care
- Any other duties as assigned and instructed by the Occupational and Physiotherapist.
- Participate in training and development as arranged
- Assist with responsibilities within the Rehabilitation Department, i.e. safekeeping and monitoring of equipment in the department.
- Monitoring users’/residents’ response to treatment through record keeping
- Facilitate and assist with the activity program and special event activities within the facility as per instruction and under supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Active participation in special awareness and events
- Quality clinical user/resident care
- Frequent and consistent verbal communication of the rehabilitation programs.
- Stock management and Record-keeping
- Implementing, evaluating and facilitating ward, vocational and activity programs of patients in the unit
- Cost control
- Good work habits and good attendance record.
- Ethical and professional behaviour towards MHCU’s and staff.
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Team worker with knowledge of a rehabilitation program within a psychiatric facility.
- Ability to operate within a multidisciplinary team
- Organisational awareness
Qualification & Experience:
- Appropriate qualification as a registered Occupational Therapy Technician
- Experience in the handling of long term physical and intellectually impaired users.
- Grade 12/NSC and
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethelsdorp, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A