Website Life Healthcare
The successful candidate will play a key role in the maintenance, enhancement, and management of data pipelines that turn raw data into assets that can be used to extract insights and have an efficiency mindset.
- Build, maintain and test data architecture that best serves the organisation’s needs.
- Future-proof data sources in a way that is closely aligned to the business’s evolving reporting and analytics needs.
- Ensure maximum uptime for data assets.
- Ensure compliance with data governance standards.
- Understand business and analytics requirements to build efficient and effective data pipelines that optimise data retrieval.
- Review databases and other assets on an ongoing basis to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Ensure that Life Healthcare can drive business value through analytics by laying the data foundation securely.
- Identify opportunities to improve data quality, reliability and efficiency and automate data processes and flow.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Engaging diversity
- Good communication skills.
- Analytical mindset
- Healthcare experience will be a strong advantage
- Understanding data architecture and pipelines and engaging effectively with the team responsible for ensuring that data delivery meets analytical needs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand
- requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Driven by efficiency
- Building relationships
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics or a related field, or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in architecting solutions in the Cloud (Microsoft Azure would be an advantage)
- 5+ years experience in a data engineering or similar role, including exposure to modernisation of SQL Server and Data Warehouses and SSIS, SSAS and SSRS development
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A