Website Life Healthcare
The successful candidate will play a key role in the realisation of an organisation driven by evidence-based decision-making, and as such, this is a strategically important position. The role is responsible for ensuring that senior management, business and other key stakeholders are equipped with insights from data that can inform their strategic decisions, but more than that, for designing and building the engine for the delivery of data insights.
- Be accountable for applying advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics that uses cutting-edge data science and machine learning techniques to guide evidence-driven decision-making.
- Oversee the analytics infrastructure and toolkit and ensure that it remains fit for purpose in support of organisational goals, researching best-in-breed solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for clarifying client requirements and translate analytical concepts into client-friendly terminology, meeting all analytical requirements.
- Develop and nurture a high-performance, quality-obsessed, collaborative culture with other leaders in the broader data and analytics team.
- Drive innovation in the analysis of data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand analytics needs and how these evolve.
- Oversee and manage a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers and domain experts.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the application of advanced analytics to solve business problems
- Project management skills.
- Familiarity with relevant analytics tools, including big data solutions.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Client relationship skills: demonstrated ability to build relationships with and deliver valuable solutions for stakeholders.
- Analytical thinking
- Leadership skills
- Analytical mindset
- Engaging diversity
- Attention to detail
- Healthcare experience will be a definitive advantage.
Qualification & Experience:
- Honours-level degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics or a cognate analytical field, or other equivalent qualifications.
- 1+ years of management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics environment, using descriptive and predictive analytics to inform business decisions.
- Understanding of data systems, architecture and pipelines.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A