Website Life Healthcare
The vacancies have arisen for Professional Nurses at Kirkwood Care Centre (chronic psychiatric hospital), reporting to Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensure quality patient care and participate in rehabilitation programs of mental health care patients.
- Delegating juniors and ensure task completion
- Maintain effective control of patient’s consumables.
- Effective relationship with MDT members and customers.
- Maintaining quality patient care standards.
- Make sure employees are using and handling PPE correctly.
- Participation in rehabilitation and climate meetings.
- Assist UM in controlling absenteeism and abuse of sick leave in the ward.
- Ensuring low rate of incidents.
- Running in-service trainings and ward meetings.
- Ensure safe environment for patients and employees.
- Practicing and ensuring compliance on hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ensuring records and accurately completed and stored in accordance with legal and ethical requirements.
- Supervising lower categories
- Ensure correct use of stock and equipment.
- Influencing skills
- Report writing
- Leading by example
- Engaging diversity
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Business insight
- Drive and energy
Qualification & Experience:
- Nursing degree/diploma with psychiatry and must be registered with SANC.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Matric Certificate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must be willing to fulfil a role in the ward according to the flexi-hours system and work day and night duty.
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kirkwood, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A