Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for an Admission Clerk who will be responsible to assist with admission of patients and administrative related. This role reports to the Reception Supervisor, Brigitt Raffie. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of the admission department. Only candidates with relevant experience will be considered.
- Daily petty cash and banking management
- Perform switchboard duties as and when necessary.
- Assist case management when required
- Liaising with medical aids to obtain authorisations for admissions.
- Collection of co-payments, private fees when applicable as well as related documentation.
- Synergy and teamwork – working closely with credit controllers, case managers, reception staff, nurses and doctors.
- Manage the accuracy of the bed booking procedure.
- Ensure quality care to all patients is maintained.
- Handling money and receipting.
- Performing general administration duties involved in the admission and pre admission of patients, scanning, filling and assisting with obtaining of authorisation
- Manage the accuracy of admission process and the prevention of potential risk factors.
- Maintain a well-run, professional and patient focused admission environment.
- Manage the risk for the hospital by adhering to all related protocols.
- Able to work shifts and overtime as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a prerequisite.
- Teamwork essential.
- Prior knowledge and experience of admissions and medical terminology
- An enthusiastic, motivated, and well organised individual with initiative and able to handle pressure.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Knowledge of Imeds and Impilo
- Knowledge of bed bookings
- Grade 12 and computer literacy.
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A