Website Lancet Laboratories
To manage a laboratory to ensure achievement of a cost effective and high quality service in line with client needs and organisational objectives.
- Implements and maintains laboratory accreditation, including preparation for audits, maintenance of current status, document updates and scope of approved tests, to ensure that accreditation is achieved or obtained in line with organisational objectives.
- operating procedures, turn-around time targets and service level agreements with clients, to ensure that the laboratory is constantly able to deliver a high quality, cost effective and safe service.
- Oversees asset management and procurement of goods to ensure the most effective utilisation of resources, optimisation of stock levels and cost containment.
- Oversees and monitors training, seminars and participation in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to ensure that laboratory staff continuously update their knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Monitors the implementation of service levels and quality standards, ISO 9000, 15189 and lean processes in accordance with the principles of Good Laboratory Practice, SANAS accreditation requirements, Quality assurance including quality control, health and safety, standard
- Generates management reports as required to monitor work and performance status of the laboratory and takes corrective action when required.
- Monitors the maintenance and calibration of the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes ensuring that instrument maintenance and quality control results are recorded and reviewed as well as trouble shooting and corrective action is taken and documented.
- Performs investigations into and resolution of customer complaints to ensure a positive image of the organisation by clients and patients and to promote the services of Lancet laboratories.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Results driven
- Planning and organising
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Orientation
- Lateral thinking
Qualification & Experience:
- Anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology
- National diploma in Biomedical Technology
- Laboratory information systems
- 0-1 Yrs Supervisor Experience
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein, Free State, SA
Application Deadline: N/A