Website Lancet Laboratories
Performs and analyses laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose treat and prevent diseases.
- Problem solving
- Attention To Detail
- Rule orientation
- Manual dexterity
- Confidentiality / Sensitivity
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Attends training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Operates, maintains and calibrates the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes recording instrument maintenance and quality control results as well as recognising and resolving problems by troubleshooting mal-functioning equipment and taking corrective action.
- Assists the laboratory manager with overseeing and monitoring equipment maintenance, asset management, procurement of goods and staff overtime expenditure to ensure the most effective utilisation of resources, optimisation of stock levels and reduction of costs at all times
- Performs on-site training of laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, if assigned by laboratory manager and deemed competent.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external audits.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Certificate
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A