Website Lancet Laboratories
Collects blood and other specimens for clinical analysis, evaluation and/ or diagnostic purposes
- Keeps records of specimens collected and ensures that all patient details and clinical information is accurately recorded.
- Ensures that bio-hazardous waste is disposed of in the correct manner to comply with relevant safety protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Assists pathologists with special procedures (e.g. bone marrows, fine needle aspirates, sweat tests, pap smears, etc.) when required and in compliance with relevant working instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Observes the physical condition of patients during blood taking and applies sound first aid practices in order to ensure the safety and comfort of patients/ clients.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits.
- Draws blood and collects non-blood specimens from patients/ clients at various locations, using the correct and sterile equipment in a manner that will yield the best results. This may include the use of Point of Care (POC) biomedical instrumentation systems and rapid testing kits for pathology.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Monitors stock levels of all collection materials, including venesection “bleeding” bags, and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Adherence to company dress code
- Attention To Detail
- Administrative skills
- Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Certificate
- SANC Registration
- Laboratory information systems
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Medical ethical guidelines in the medical pathology fields
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A