Website Lancet Laboratories
Performs and analyses laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose treat and prevent diseases.
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external audits.
- Attends training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Performs on-site training of laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, if assigned by laboratory manager and deemed competent.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Attention To Detail
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Rule orientation
- Ability to work as part of a team
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12
- 2-3 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA
- National diploma in Biomedical Technology
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A