Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Ensure completion of accident/incident reports as they occur and timeous reporting
- Maintain intersect oral collaboration with other Government structures and provide support to Sukuma Sakhe Activities
- Manage assets, consumables, and service effectively,
- Manage and support education, in-service training, and orientation and practice development initiatives in the area, maintain professional growth and ethical standards and participation in training and research.
- Deal with disciplinary and grievance matters including monitoring and managing absenteeism.
- Assist and facilitate development Operational Plan, monitor the implementation and submit progress reports;
- Maintain constructive working relationships with all stake holders i.e. inter-professional, the multidisciplinary team
- Provide safe therapeutics environment that allows for practice of safe nursing care as laid down by Nursing act, Occupational and safety act.
- Co-ordinate special projects and health promotion in line with the program goals of health calendar.
- Compile Monthly, Quarterly statistics and other reports,
- Participate in clinical audits in the PHC under the establishment of Mosvold District Hospital and ensure implementation of the quality improvement plans supported by strong work ethics
- Ensure Batho Pele principles, National Core Standards and ideal clinic priorities are implemented
- Manage, facilitate and co-ordinate provision of comprehensive package of service at PHC level, specialised nursing care, including priority programs and Quality
- Improvement Programs, in conjunction within a professional and legal framework.
- Sound knowledge of Labour Relations Act
- Coordination and Report writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance standards as directed by Negotiated Service Delivery Agreement, National Core Standards, Patient Rights Charter, Batho Pele Principles,
- Leadership, supervisory, organizing, decision making, problem solving abilities skills
- Appropriate understanding of Scope of Practice and nursing standards
- Knowledge of nursing care processes and procedures
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of nursing legislation, related legal and ethical nursing practices and other relevant legislative frameworks governing in the Public Services
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of nine (9) years appropriate/recognizable nursing experience after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing.
- Degree or Diploma in nursing or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council(SANC) as a “Professional Nurse”
- At least five (5) years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/ recognizable experience after obtaining the one 1 year post basic qualification in Primary Health Care.
- Certificates of registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse and post basic qualification. • Proof of current registration with SANC (2022).
- A post basic qualification with duration of at least 1 year in Curative Skills in Primary Health Care accredited with SANC.
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ingwavuma, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A