Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Participate in CPD (Continuous Professional Development) and attend all training for PI-IC doctors Provide medical support to PHC clinical staff
- Maintain accurate health records in accordance with Legal ethical considerations
- Ensure that relevant patient data js collected on the provided tools as required by the Department.
- Comply with all departmental protocols, policy, and standard treatment guidelines, Essential medicines List (EML) for PHC, Adult Primary Care (APC) 101, and code of conduct.
- Provide preventative health interventions and measures to promote health
- The incumbent will be accountable to the Clinic Operational Manager and Medical Manager of the mother hospital and District Director
- Handle disability grant assessments
- Be prepared to drive to PHC clinics
- Examine, investigate, diagnose and oversee the treatment of patients, including: Chronic ailments, TB, HIV, peadiatrics, antenatal patients and mental health care users etc.
- Perform duties as delegated by supervisor
- Ability to work as part of the PHC Team Sound Medical ethics
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Batho Pele Principles
- A diploma in HIV Care of Family Medicine would be an advantage
Qualification & Experience:
- Registration with the HPCSA as an Medical Practitioner plus current registration certificate with the HPCSA
- 2 years medical experience after Community Service.
- MBCHB Medical Degree
- Valid Driver’s License (Code EB)
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A