Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records according to legal requirements
- Provide comprehensive emergency care inclusive of womens health and other priority programs
- To uphold the Batho Pete and Patients’ Rights Charter Principles Implement Norms and standards to improve the quality of care
- Provision of quality emergency nursing care through the implementation of standards and protocols.
- Evaluate patient care programmes from time to time and make proposals for im
- To develop and ensure implementation of nursing care plans.
- Participate in staff, student and patient teaching.
- Participate in disaster preparedness programs within the institution
- Manage and supervise effective utilization of all resources e.g. human, financial, material Exercise control over discipline, grievance and Labour Relations issues according to laid down policies and procedures
- Exercise control over discipline, grievance and Labour Relations issues according to laid down policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles and Patients’ Rights Charter
- Knowledge of nursing care processes, procedures, nursing statuses and other relevant framework such as Nursing Act, Health Act, Public Service regulations, Disciplinary Code and Procedures in the Public Service
- Skills in organizing, planning and supervising.
- Knowledge of Code of Conduct, Labour Relations, Conflict Management and Negotiation Skills
- Personal attributes, responsiveness, professionalism, supportive, and assertive
- Ability to function within a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification Diploma/Degree in General Nursing and Midwifery.
- A post-basic nursing qualification with a duration of at least 1 year accredited with
- A minimum of 4/four years appropriate/recognizable experience after registration with SANC as a General Nurse and Midwifery
- Proof of current registration with SANC (2022).
- Certificate of service endorsed by Human Resource Department
- SANC in Emergency & Trauma Nursing Science
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A