Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Ensure supervision, provision and basic patient’s need • Evaluate and follow up patients during clinic visit • Promote preventive and promote health for clients.
- Co-ordinate of services with the institution and other services related to community health (NGO, CBO, CHW)
- Understanding of challenges facing the Public Health Sector
- Monitor and evaluate performance of Clinic staff according to set standards, norms targets and to ensure effective reporting.
- Attend and participate in doctor’s visit.
- Ability to plan and priorities issues and other work related matters and to comply with time frames.
- Ensure the efficient and effective control of surgical sundries pharmaceuticals, equipment and miscellaneous stores
- Provide Health Education of patients, staff and public.
- Initiate treatment, implementation of programmers and evaluation of patient’s clinical conditions
- Deal with grievances and Labour relations issues in terms of laid down procedures/policies
- Provide nursing care that leads to improved service delivery by maintaining client satisfaction • Screening diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Identify areas of improvement, problems etc. and communicate to Operational Manager
- Ensure provision of Nursing Care through adequate supervision
- Assist Operational Manager in charge
- Maintain accurate and complete patients records according to legal requirements
- Assist in compiling and updating of procedural guidelines
- Good communication and interpersonal relation skills
- Project management skills
- Basic knowledge of Public service regulations.
- Financial management skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Good communication, verbal, written, leadership, interpersonal, problem solving, conflict management and decision making skills
- Ability to function well with a team
- Conflict handling and counseling skills
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of Batho Pele Principles, Patients right’s Charter and code of conduct.
- Knowledge of nursing care processes and procedures, nursing statutes and other relevant legal frameworks such as Batho Pele Principles, Patient’s rights, Nursing Act etc.
- Report writing skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or Equivalent • Degree/Diploma in General Nursing with Midwifery.
- Experience after obtaining the 1 year post basic qualification in the relevant specialty • Proof of current registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse (2020).
- At least 10 years of the period referred to above must be recognizable
- Post basic qualification with duration of at least 1 year in Curative Skills in Primary Health care accredited with the SANC.
- Minimum of 14 years recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC, in General Nursing.
Company: Mkuze, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Application Deadline: N/A