Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Assist with auditing the activity and outcomes of service of the Anaesthetic Department.
- Be actively involved in the Departmental undergraduate and post- graduate teaching programmes.
- Assist with preoperative assessment of patients in the wards or in the pre-anaesthetic clinic. Maintain clinical, professional and ethical standards related to these services.
- Comply with the guidelines, protocols and clinical audits, in the department as to optimise patient care in the theatres and wards with the resources available.
- Be part of the multi-disciplinary team to optimise patient care and use of Human and other resources.
- Participate in both academic and clinical administrative activities.
- Provide a consultative service and expert opinion on Anaesthesia related matters at IALCH within the staffing norms.
- Provide a specialist anaesthesia service on a sessional basis. Provide perioperative anaesthesia care for a variety of specialised and complex sub-disciplines within IALCH.
- Proven management ability, sound communication, negotiation, planning, organising, leadership, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge and skills in Clinical Anaesthesia, including Emergency, Medical and Surgical Care and Acute and Chronic Pain.
- Stress tolerance, to work within a team, self-confidence and the ability to build and maintain good relationships.
- Demonstrate the ability to supervise and teach junior staff.
Qualification & Experience:
- Candidates who have completed their period of registrar training as registrars may also apply on condition that their appointment will be subject to them submitting documentary evidence of registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
- Current Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as a “Specialist Anaesthesiologist”.
- MBCHB or equivalent qualification registered with the HPCSA. FCA (SA) or MMEd (Anaes) Plus.
- Senior Certificate (Matric).
Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A