Website University of the Witwatersrand
The University of the Witwatersrand, Faculty of Health Sciences, Johannesburg, wishes to appoint a dynamic, strategic skilled leader with strong business acumen. We seek an individual with a Bcom degree. This vibrant role entails full functions of business unit, provide meaningful reports and implement improved processes and systems to ensure ongoing compliance and service deliver.
- Responsible for the management of staff.
- Ensures proper control over all Trust and Endowment accounts in the Faculty,
- Improve and implement appropriate systems and format of financial management information enabling timeous and accurate financial decision making in the Faculty as well as management reporting to the Central Administration of the University;
- Provide leadership and support within the Department and Faculty in line with the Health Sciences and Wits University vision and goals.
- Leads a process of financial modelling to investigate and recommend on the relative financial merits of alternative strategic and operational scenarios;
- Co-ordinates the formulation of Faculty Budgets for revenue and expenditure (Operational and Capital expenditure)
- Maintains an effective system of internal financial controls and procedures in the conjunction with the Central Finance Division;
- Build capacity of non-financial managers within the Faculty.
- Develops and facilitates the application of an attribute revenue and cost model on Faculty level to guide the allocation of revenues and expenditure;
- Fulfils an instrumental leadership role in developing a ‘third revenue stream’ for the Faculty other than from tuition fees and state subsidies. This will entail developing suitable marketing strategies.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least five years’ experience in a senior management position, preferably in the higher education environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of how advances in technology, computing and other innovations will influence operations will be an advantage.
- A Bcom or equivalent finance degree, honours will be an added advantage
- Experience of working with donor-funded projects and in a research or academic environment will be an added advantage
- Registration with CIMA is preferred
- The applicant must have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills,
Company: University of the Witwatersrand
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A