Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper
- Field work could entail:
- Provide input into strategy and annual planning.
- Preparing reports and advising on practical recommendations;
- Client relationship management with internal Santam stakeholders as well as external stakeholders.
- Assist in reporting to various governance forums and committees
- This could include general computer control reviews, application control reviews, data analytics, reviews of IT controls within the various business processes, information and cyber security reviews, pre-implementation reviews, post-implementation reviews and other programme/project assurance work.
- Assignment planning, execution, reporting and follow ups (where applicable);
- To conduct or assist in delivering consulting services related to risk, control and governance over Information Technology portfolio of our business partners
- To conduct risk-based IT and project due diligence / governance / audit / compliance assignments covering our Intermediaries (“Binder Holders/Outsourced Services Partners/ Non-Mandates Intermediaries/
- Underwriting Managers/ Premium Collection Bureaus”); primarily focusing on Premium Collection processes.
- Ensuring work is completed within time and cost budgets.
- Take responsibility for champion duties such as ongoing knowledge management and upskilling of others.
- Championing this role in the organisation by serving as representative at relevant, key Santam forums.
- Audits / due diligence assignments are to be performed at our Intermediaries.
- Ensuring all work is adequately documented and adheres to minimum quality standards; and
- An advanced understanding of IT governance and management processes and risks; and risks associated with business change.
- Strong team player.
- Conceptual and innovative thinker and must be able to apply those abilities in the work environment.
- High ethical standards and must be trustworthy.
- Excellent facilitation skills that are specifically geared to change interventions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience in conducting/managing several assignments simultaneously, some with competing deadlines.
- A specialisation in application control reviews and project reviews preferred; particularly in applications systems that support core short-term insurance business functions.
- BSc / BCom/ BTech / BEng / Honours (with Computer Science / Information Systems as a major) or similar.
- At least 8 to 10 years’ experience (including 2 years at a supervisory/management level) in performing IT and project related assurance and consulting reviews for a large and complex environment. Among others, this can include reviews of general computer controls, application controls, data analytics, business processes, SDLC processes, IT security and pre and post implementation project reviews.
- Experience interacting with clients at all levels including senior/executive management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A