Website Old Mutual
This role is accountable for execution of the business plan and for governance & compliance at an operational level. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through the efforts of others, over periods of up to a year.
- Produces ongoing and ad-hoc reporting based on requirements from business units, central finance and other mutual stakeholders.
- Accountable for governance and compliance at an operational level.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for management, including a high-level variance report by agreed deadline.
- Ensures that the financial accounting transactions are accurately reflected in the business unit ledgers.
- Manages reporting requirements for the business unit.
- Ensures the effectiveness and appropriateness of the accounting processes utilised to fulfill the needs of the business.
- Effects ongoing changes to internal controls as necessitated by changes in business and corporate governance.
- Drives and collates monthly submission consisting of report and commentary by agreed deadline.
- Monitors and reports on status of all control accounts in the business unit.
- Creates a healthy internal control environment to ensure integrity of financial information.
- Accounting design (including functional and user acceptance testing)
- Ability to work across multiple functions and departments to ensure deliverables are met
- Strong Analytical skills
- Manager of others
- Able to work with large data (Microsoft Access and Excel)
- Project management for internal BAU initiatives
- Deadline driven
Qualification & Experience:
- Sound knowledge of PAS (Vantage) and the accounting relating to these processes.
- Manages performance plans and assigns work.
- Finance degree, or a newly qualified CA (would be an advantage)
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A