The Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary will be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients and will function under the direct and/ or indirect supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Practice patient care according to his/her Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities.
- Carry out all departmental related duties as assigned by Supervisors
- Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles.
- Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards.
- Monitor vital signs of patients.
- Report potential/actual risks identified.
- Ensure all stock is well controlled. Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment.
- Report equipment needing repair or replacement to sister-in-charge.
- Execute all procedures according to hospital standards.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act.
- Compliance with the SANC code for an Enrolled Nursing Auxiliary and all applicable Health Care Legislations.
- Relevant experience in the nursing discipline.
Qualification & Experience:
- A grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary or equivalent NQF level 3 qualification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A