Website Discovery Limited
The front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements that users engage with through their web browser when using a web application. The position will be supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers do.
- All technical front-end requirements and API integration for Discovery Design System
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Maintain and update DUI
- Develop new user-facing features
- Contributing to the skills development curriculum for Front-end web designers in the chapter
- Providing all developers and systems teams within the Group with support on DUI (Discovery UI Framework)
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Design and prototype web-based applications
- Contributing to the development and operationalization of the Front-end web design processes adopted by Digital Channels
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Mentoring and coaching of other Front-end web designers
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Git repository management (Bitbucket) knowledge would be advantageous.
- Personal organisation and time management skills
- Exposure/Experience to Gulp/Handlebars/GIT and code version controlling
- A solid understanding of responsive web design techniques
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Adobe and Figma is a plus.
- Customer Service Orientation, Result Orientation, Negotiation skills
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant web and application design/development qualification
- 3 years working experience
- Experience in UX and UI design
- DevOps/Continuous integration
- Matric/Grade 12
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A