Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
African Leadership Academy seeks to transform Africa by identifying, developing, and connecting its future leaders. The Academy was founded on the philosophy that a new generation of ethical, committed leaders is the key to Africa’s development. ALA seeks to become the training ground for these future leaders. Each year, ALA draws the most outstanding students from across Africa to its campus in South Africa. Here, they build a powerful intellectual foundation and develop their leadership capacity through ALA’s unique curriculum. ALA then works with these young leaders throughout their lives as they enable lasting positive change on the African continent. With its audacious mission and lifelong engagement, ALA is unlike any school in the world.
- Communicate in a structured way with parents and or teachers where necessary about students of concern
- Peer Counsellor Supervision in collaboration with the Peer Counsellor programme lead
- Other duties as required by the Head of Department
- Attend academy provided professional supervision
- Teach two Wellness Classes
- Grief, Crisis intervention and trauma support
- Make recommendations regarding cases to the Head of department and Deans
- Provide therapeutic interventions to clinical and other serious mental health cases
- Adolescents in their context (including behavioral and emotional difficulties).
- Identify the assessment and tools most appropriate for the demographic they are serving
- Support and guidance to educators on IEPs and other matters relevant to the well-being of the learner.
- Preventative, developmental, and supportive interventions with
- Where necessary the identification and assessment process for the provision of examination concessions.
- Staff consultation, support, and guidance. This includes:
- Facilitation of training workshops for teachers
- Forming a collaborative relationship with educators in order to address the needs of students;
Qualification & Experience:
- HPCSA registration and completed relevant internship
- Experience working in a boarding school environment is a plus
- 1 to 3years related experience
- Passionate about youth and leadership development
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A