Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
SAHETI School is an independent, co-educational, English-medium school dedicated to the pursuit of excellence, whilst promoting the values and ethos of Hellenism.
- Interact with students to promote positive attitudes toward school library/media centre.
- Ensure the library meets the needs of precise groups of users including teachers
- Provide group and individual student/staff instruction using resources and research techniques.
- Assist teachers with appropriate use of materials available for classroom instruction.
- Work with teachers to select and acquire appropriate books, and other learning resources.
- Review, select and acquire appropriate materials and supplies for the school library.
- Providing services and resources that allow students to develop the skills needed to access and use library resources
- Plan, operate and supervise the school library/media centre program as directed by the Executive Head/ Head of Primary school.
- Supervising and managing the school library
- Create a library environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity level and interests of students.
- Recommend budget for the library.
- Outstanding organisational and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have the ability to identify with the values, culture, and ethos of SAHETI.
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional development.
- High level of ICT competency
- Strong administrative skills and budget management
- Enjoy working with children and have an understanding of their age -appropriate skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in library Science
- Working knowledge of library methods and procedures and archival practices
- Proven experience in managing library staff
- Experience in managing a school’s library is a pre-requisite
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bedfordview, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A