Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
The incumbent should be extremely detail oriented, passionate about helping students succeed, well organised, and familiar with online learning management systems and data management. The ideal candidate should have a positive personality and growth mindset, excellent interpersonal skills, and an unbridled passion for – and commitment to – changing the world (yes, the world) through high-quality education.
- Mentoring, coaching, developing, and motivating the teachers in your team to enable them to facilitate transformative learning experiences.
- Engage in the systemic integration of scientific educational knowledge, didactics (or pedagogical content knowledge), and practice to enable teachers to enhance their pedagogical thinking, evidence-based decision making, and engagement in the professional community of educators.
- Be the first line of escalation with students or guardians when it is related to your subject.
- Conduct lesson planning within your subject team to develop appropriate teaching solutions and strategies that target the specific student needs that arise as they progress through the course.
- Monitor their academic performance of the subject, using data and metrics aligned with key performance indicators (KPIs). These KPIs primarily reference a student’s demonstrated learning gain as a result of the department’s guidance and support.
- Moderate the grading of all summative submissions.
- Using subject specifications to ensure that the quality of grading meets the required examination standards.
- The ability to elicit the best from teachers and students through excellent rapport, meaningful engagement and sincere commitment to their success.
- Must be able to take initiative as well as self-audit.
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility.
- An international mindset.
- Ability to engage with students from diverse environments, cultures and communities.Knowledge and passion for the subject area.
- Obsessed with making a lasting, positive impact on a global student body.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Inclusive and dedicated to developing all students.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively working with young people to promote their individual academic potential.
- Experience teaching international students would be advantageous. An international mindset is highly recommended due to the global audience of students that will form part of the school community. The ability to engage with students from various backgrounds and cultures is key to a successful teaching experience.
- Experience teaching a UK curriculum (Cambridge, Pearson EdExcel or OxfordAQA certifications) will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience at secondary school level, with either BEd or PGCE qualification.
- Adept in a technological environment.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A