Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
We are seeking a dynamic individual who is able to support and implement the academic vision of the school by building effective resources and information services and creating a stimulating environment for boys and staff.
- Promoting information literacy and supporting staff with curriculum planning
- Specific Academic Tasks
- Teaching digital information skills and working closely with the ICT facilitator in developing and implementing these skills.
- Developing and implementing strategies for managing and curating the resource collection and for determining curriculum and student needs within the school to support the academic programme
- Supporting staff and students both in and out of the classroom with any academic research-related related tasks
- Supporting and working closely with Academic staff with regards to curriculum planning, cross-curricular efforts, research and referencing and providing resources to support subject-specific assignments and tasks.
- Performing all required administrative and other tasks necessary to manage the resource centre
- Self-motivated and energetic with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Open-minded and creative
- Ability to work in partnership with academic staff, which includes curriculum planning and development and implementation thereof, particularly with regards to research referencing and information literacy skills
- Highly proficient in ICT
Qualification & Experience:
- Sound pedagogical knowledge
- Experience working with adolescents
- Media, library and information management knowledge and skills
- Relevant academic degree and appropriate experience in this field
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rondebosch, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A