The Customer Service Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, quality and productivity for the South Africa Virtual Customer Service (CS) work from home team. This position requires a candidate who has the ability to drive process improvements and keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely customer focused and metrics driven environment. This is a work from home role.
- Partner with support functions or other business teams in and outside of CS to improve processes.
- Sponsor and drive Kaizen event teams or virtual process improvement teams to identify the root cause of a problem; offer multiple recommendations to fix the issue, and ensure tangible results.
- Set the direction and culture for the site and organization.
- Instill a culture of coaching and ensure GrpMs provide effective coaching to TMs, to help them eliminate blockers, think strategically, support customers, realize their potential, and improve performance.
- Connect the site to overall network initiatives.
- Coach GrpMs to achieve business or organizational results related to quality, productivity, compliance, and development.
- Engage business, product, tech, and customer experience teams when driving initiatives to influence the inclusion of projects in roadmaps and drive business decisions.
- Apply a balanced coaching style based on the individual and situation to improve on a new or existing skill or behavior; use a question-based approach when coaching to influence and motivate; consistently provide specific, data driven, balanced, timely, and actionable feedback.
- Create a positive team environment; promote and champion the role of teamwork and collaboration in achieving overall site goals.
- Must we willing to work in a shifted environment. Amazon CS runs a 24/7 operation and we require our workforce to be flexible in terms of their work schedule.
- Direct experience in Contact Center Operations (Customer Service Support)
- Ability and desire to relocate to take advantage of future growth opportunities
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
- People management of large teams (Managing 90 indirect reports and 4 indirect reports within Amazon and/or at least up to 100+ indirect reports and 4+ direct reports with another company).
- Reliable internet connectivity (Fiber) with 10 Mbps up and down speeds at home office and a separate secure home-office set-up
Qualification & Experience:
- BA/BS degree (NQF Level 7) or higher and/or 5 years middle management experience within Amazon and/or 7 years’ experience at senior management level managing a complex business operation in a similar environment
- Excellent knowledge of statistical concepts and their application to operations along with expertise in the use of technical/statistical tools to drive quality and process improvement is strongly preferred
- 5+ year’s successful experience in Operations Management with demonstrated progressively increased responsibility.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A