Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
The role needs to ensure operations are managed in accordance with the DSV standards and policies and procedures. Ensure that the DSV strategy, goals and initiatives are cascaded down through the organization into the various areas of the operation.
- Solicit input from team members
- Communicate defects to other teams/sections (feedback on quality, safety, etc.)
- Maintain high morale and team spirit through continuous coaching
- Maintain high morale through continuous communications
- Train the team members to become multi-skilled workers according to the flexibility chart
- Encourage team members to submit improvement proposals
- Record and maintain the flexibility chart of the team
- Master all jobs in the team to relieve, train and assist the team members using the JIT method
- TRAINING: To enable personal growth by organizing training for all team members .
- Communicate information obtained from the Operations Manager.
- Communicate the goals/objectives to the team members
- Keep Operations Manager informed on problems or concerns
- Give job instruction training to all newcomers in the team
- MAINTAIN COMMUNICATIONS: To enhance a 2-way communication process within the team.
- SUGGESTIONS: Encourage and solicit suggestions that the team members can do on their own.
- Supervision: Must be able to do all supervisory functions (Planning, Organizing, Leading, Controlling, Monitoring) independently, effectively and reliably;
- Commercial: Understand site operational KPI’s, as well as standards and compliance thereof, as per SLA and deliver to objectives and targets.
- Problem Solving: Effective Root Cause Analysis skill & knowledge and the experience in the implementation of Corrective and Preventative Measures;
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with internal and external stake holders;
- Compliance: Must ensure implementation and daily adherence of full site compliance for Safety, Quality and Delivery, including the following:
- DSV Policies, Regulations, Work Instructions, Maintenance Schedule and Local Safety Authority requirements – previous supervisory experience leading teams with these requirements.
- Stress and Conflict Management: Must have effective techniques and/or skills to manage conflict, cope with stress and work effectively under constant pressure;
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven track record in Production Logistics environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Leading a team on an assembly production line in an Automotive environment.
- Problem Solving: Effective Root Cause Analysis skill & knowledge and the experience in the implementation of Corrective and Preventative
- Warehouse Management Systems skills & knowledge
- Operations: Extensive knowledge and hands on skill related to Inbound & Outbound logistics, Warehouse Processes, Part supply through
- Autocall, Sequencing, Milkrun & Kitting. Abilities to investigate and close out inventory stock variances, caused through incorrect system transactions, Bill of Material, etc.
Company: DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A