Website Hollard Insurance
About the job
This position will be based at the Head Office in Woodmead, Sandton, with hybrid working
The Analytics & Visualization Analyst will turn complex mining related data into meaningful insights through visualizations and analytics. The person will collect and analyze data, create
interactive visualizations, work with cross-functional teams, and communicate insights to non-technical stakeholders for the 13 operational sites across the EMEA region
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collecting, analysing, and interpreting large and complex datasets.
- Creating interactive and meaningful visualizations using tools such as PowerBI to communicate key metrics and trends in minerals processing, mining, and metals production.
- Communicating complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders through visual storytelling.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, such as Operational, Data Science and Business
- Intelligence teams, to identify and prioritize business needs.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing visualizations and making recommendations for improvement, considering specific requirements of the minerals processing, mining, and
- metals industry.
- Keeping up-to-date with new technologies and best practices in data visualization.
- Traveling to remote sites in the EMEA region as required to gather data and collaborate with stakeholders onsite to.
- Traveling to and collaborate with stakeholders at various remote sites across the EMEA region will be required at an ad-hoc basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- A Postgraduate Degree/Diploma in Data Analysis qualification will be advantageous
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in data visualization and analytics (with a background in the minerals processing, mining, and metals industry being a plus)
- Proven track record in creating impactful and interactive visualizations using PowerBI or similar tools
- Hands-on experience with large and complex datasets and proficiency in connecting and querying data sources like SQL databases, SharePoint lists, and Excel workbooks
- Strong skills in developing dashboards and reports that provide real-time insights into critical business metrics
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders through effective visual storytelling
- Collaborative experience working with cross-functional teams such as Data Science and Business Intelligence and contributing to projects
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies and best practices in data visualization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with a passion for data analytics that would be valuable to operational teams
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, Python and a desire to continuously expand knowledge and skills
- Experience in data analysis applied to the Mineral processing context (e.g. data cleaning, statistical modelling) will be advantageous
- Medically fit – must be able to pass site medical examinations
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)