Website Hollard Insurance
About the job
Closing Date 2023/03/10
Reference Number HOL220930-1
Job Title Senior Consultant – Central Analytics
Business Unit Group Services
Job Family Data Analytics, BI and Continuous Improvement
Job Type Classification Permanent
Reporting To Functional Head: Data, BI & CI
Number of Positions 1
Location – Town / City Johannesburg
Location – Province Gauteng
Location – Country South Africa
Job Advert Summary
The Senior Consultant for Central Analytics is primarily a business facing role with specific focus on integrating with both operational and specialist teams across all Business Units to identify and drive analytics and data science opportunities from the Centre but integrated across the Business, and deliver the appropriate solutions with the support of the other Central Data, Analytics & Data Science team members.
Required Knowledge and Experience
5+ years relevant analytics experience in a consulting or corporate environment
Whilst the role is largely a consulting and business facing role, the candidate needs a strong technical background and demonstrated ability to solve business problems using data and associated analytical toolsets. Programming knowledge (Python strongly preferred) and an understanding of database analytical tools (particularly SQL and Power BI) is required.
- Strong business acumen combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify opportunities to enhance business performance.
- Ability to identify and apply relevant statistical techniques to different problems. Ability to mathematically and strategically interpret modelling results.
- Ability to organise and manage multiple tasks and strong ability to deliver results on time.
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams.
- Good communication (written, oral) and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with non-analytical stakeholders.
- Relationship building across all Business Units for the identification and delivery of appropriate analytics solutions that drive both bottom line value and regulatory compliance.
- Driving a test & learn agenda for the business by structuring tests, analysing results and feeding insights, learnings and recommendations back to business.
- Modelling complex business problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques.
- Scoping, designing, developing and implementing analytical tools and solutions for the business with the support of the other Central Data, Analytics & Data Science team members.
- Drive the adoption and business change management for action and delivery of strong results from the developed insights and solutions.
- Driving personal and team development.
BSc or MSc in Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or similar.