Website Hollard Insurance
Ensuring the investment strategy remains appropriate and aligned to investment objectives through robust management and reporting;
- Driving regular feedback sessions with third party managers across Hollard’s African licenses, including ongoing assessment and monitoring of fund managers.
- Provision of forward rates to be used in quarterly reserve valuations for African subsidiaries.
- Driving regular internal performance monitoring meetings which includes extracting and packaging insights, providing investment recommendations based on past returns and forward-looking views and contributing to investment-related debates.
- Development and maintenance of performance dashboards that will feed into investment committee reporting.
- Assist in developing investment strategies for guaranteed-based investment products through use of ALM matching techniques.
- Regular extraction and processing of market data from Bloomberg and other sources.
- Provide support and feedback into subsidiary investment committees.
- Ensuring investment strategy remains appropriate for the investment objectives of the entire savings product suite through ongoing monitoring and robust assessment of position on a regular basis.
- Monitoring of investment return allocation to policyholders to ensure consistency between investment returns earned and meeting policyholder reasonable expectations.
- Knowledge of asset valuation.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Basic knowledge of financial accounting, actuarial and related processes.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Knowledge and experience of performance calculation, performance attribution, asset allocation, manager selection and portfolio construction.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related experience in asset or investment management, balance sheet management or related functions.
- High level of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong technical skills.
- Interest in investments or investment-related functions.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills to balance various stakeholder interests and provide recommendations.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with people at different levels of seniority, including key members in the African subsidiaries.
Company: Hollard Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Parktown, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A