Website Hollard Insurance
A stimulating opportunity has become available for a driven, enthusiastic, resourceful, and technically minded individual to work as part of a team of actuaries and data scientists. The Data team is tasked with driving the data process to support the Capital and Reserving teams within the Short Term Corporate Actuarial (STA) team. The STA team is responsible for the capital and reserving requirements for the two Hollard Short-Term Licenses. This role involves working with an array of people across a diverse range of business functions. We’re looking for someone who can assist with the data requirements of the STA team as well as the ongoing monitoring of the claims experience of the two short-term licenses.
- Extracting, cleaning, processing, and reconciling data from various data systems and providing the data in a suitable format for actuarial calculations.
- Data Analytics – in particular, claims experience analysis across short-term insurance products for both ST licenses.
- Ensure that all data processes are performed as efficiently as possible and are compliant with the current risk control environment and actuarial governance procedures.
- Manage adhoc tasks and duties to enable and improve own deliverables and tasks as well as to manage stakeholder expectations especially from Head: Short Term Corporate Actuarial
- Collaborate with all business partners to ensure data requirements of STA team are met.
- Experience with statistical software packages (knowledge of SAS is preferable)
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- PC knowledge (spreadsheets and databases)
- Data manipulation skills
- Problem solving
Qualification & Experience:
- BSc Actuarial/Statistics/Mathematics degree or other relevant degree
Company: Hollard Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Parktown, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A