Website Western Cape Government
As the Chief Director, you will be responsible to strategically guide and direct the provision of Development Planning Services in the province.
- Guide and direct the provision of municipal IDP and LGMTEC support;
- Ensure the provision of development facilitation services to provincial and municipal stakeholders;
- Ensure the provision of specialist integrated land management advice on a sub-regional basis;
- Direct the management of sub-regional integrated environmental management regulatory services;
- Guide and direct the provision of development planning intelligence management services;
- Strategic management, guidance and advice in respect of the provisioning of development planning services. This includes the following functions:
- Manage and engage all spheres of government in integrated development planning and support services through programmes and projects.
- Guide and direct the promotion and provision of sustainable spatial planning on a regionalised and sub-regional basis.
- Ensure the provision of land use regulatory support services.
- Guide and direct the provision of development planning research services;
- Ensure the coordination of special programmes and projects;
- Strong conceptual, interpretive and formulation skills
- The ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity and manage change in an ever-changing environment and under pressurized circumstances
- Exceptional planning, organizing and people management skills
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and understanding of modern systems of governance and administration
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 Years’ experience at a senior managerial level.
- Honours degree or 4-year Bachelor’s degree (NQF level 8) as recognised by SAQA.
- Professional Registration required, either with the South African Council for Planners (SACPLAN) or Environmental Assessment Practitioners Association of South Africa (EAPASA).
- A valid drive’s license.
Company: Western Cape Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A