The Enterprise Risk & Integrated Management Systems team is a recently established central function supporting existing and future operations and projects. The team is fundamental in delivering best practice operational performance and long-term strategy at our assets, as well as enabling Glencore’s ambitious growth plans.
- Implement/undertake assurance activities to ensure process safety risks are being adequately managed across the Copper Division, inclusive of projects.
- Govern the development and implementation of asset improvement plans to achieve compliance to the process safety standards.
- Determine process safety key performance indicators and targets and embed them into relevant Asset, Region and Department assurance routines.
- Provide coaching and support to asset, functional and project personnel on process safety engineering, management and governance.
- Develop and implement process safety standards, requirements and critical control performance standards for the Copper Management System (CMF), in line with Glencore Group Standards.
- Work with a fun and globally diverse team.
- Support the development of technical integrity standards and improvement programs across the assets.
- Fluent in the native language and English.
- Strong communication and engagement skills across multiple functions.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in process safety management, engineering, integrity and operational risk management in the resources or energy sector.
- Continuously progressive roles with demonstrated experience in the implementation of process safety systems, standards and governance.
- Ability to travel to the Assets and Regional offices for site familiarisation and ongoing engagement.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering and professional development in the area of process safety engineering and management.
- Experience would ideally include development and/or implementation of a process safety management system.
- Ability to work independently across all functions and levels of the business.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A