Website The Foschini Group - TFG
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, self-motivated and driven individual to join the TFG Design & Manufacturing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective implementation and roll out of GSD into the TFG supply chain in Non-Owned factories in KZN.To ensure GSD is effectively used in the various factories as the core driver for efficiencies and efficiency calculation. This function will be required to work with any and or Strategic Supply Partners within the Durban (KZN) region as indicated by the Head of Manufacturing Operations – KZN. This role is responsible for accurate reporting and recording of production outputs from the various business units and the effective calculation of the factories’ efficiencies accordingly and report such the central planning team.
- Factory progress made in respect Efficiency gains/losses –
- Direct to Indirect ratios and the management thereof
- Report on business unit’s control of direct to indirect ratio in respect to the efficiency measures and report any major deviations to line manager.
- Submit a weekly and monthly report to line manager on:
- Ensure outputs are validated and reported for efficiency calculations.
- Video record any major deviations in styles form the original breakdowns received and make appropriate recommendations for amendments
- Productivity improvements – Projects & Productivity initiatives or increased outputs
GSD/MTM implementation and controls :- variance calculations of TGT vs Actual
- Ensure production lines are set up and manned according to the style break down allocated from Design centre as a point of reference.
- Report on factors impacting production output that has not been considered by the design centre and motivate reasons for amending or adjusting of SMV’s if required.
- Experience of 5-8 years in a Similar Role or Production/Operations management
- GSD or MTM 1 or 2 based qualification or similar
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Energetic and Self-motivated
- A National Degree with preference to Clothing Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or any other Management or Equivalent Qualification
- Experience in Production Planning, & Scheduling (manufacturing or supply chain or similar/ related environment
- Competencies and behaviours for success:
- Diligent, Attention to detail, Conscientious
- Analytical and adept problem solving
- Excellent Communication Skills
Company: The Foschini Group – TFG
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A