Website FNB South Africa
About the job
Mr D, a division of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Mid Level Python Software Engineer to join our team in Cape Town.
As a Mid- Level Software Development Engineer (Python) you will help to architect, implement, support and maintain scalable services in a heterogeneous environment. You will be able to influence both business and architectural decisions, while working on end-to-end technology solutions.
This position reports to the Platform Engineering Director.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Build systems to scale with our growth of business, leveraging new technologies and AWS Cloud services.
- Work closely with other engineers, professional services team and product managers to design the software solutions with a focus on reliability, performance and usability.
- Develop, enhance and maintain backend systems in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, with an emphasis on Python.
- Apply and foster best software development life cycle practices bringing speed and quality to your team.
- Continuously learn and improve your knowledge and the deliverables.
The skills we need:
- Thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with creating APIs.
- Experience in developing distributed backend systems and Micro Service architecture.
- Experience with *nix and Python.
- Passion for learning new skills and appreciation to invent and simplify.
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud service providers, specifically AWS Cloud technologies.
- Experience using GIT version control.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic, Redis)
- Experience with event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with containers and orchestration (docker, ECS, kubernetes)
Qualifications and experience:
- Computer Science Degree.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience
Let’s talk about life @ Mr D
- The power is in your hands: We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs. Go on, be the master of your own destiny.
- No doors: We aren’t fans of stuffy offices or siloed work environments. See someone you like? High five, collab and make something great.
- Remote working: Love water cooler chats and working from home? We offer a hybrid working model for the best of both worlds.
- Mentorship programme: We aren’t kidding when we say the people with the best people win. Now’s your chance to be one of the best, by learning from the best.
- Naspers Tech Community & Online Learning: Share ideas and grow with global industry leaders who are all just a Slack message away. Love to learn? Up-skill with free access to courses on MyAcademy, Udacity, Coursera and more.
- Good times: Get to know the other extraordinary minds in the takealot group during regular social events and out-of-office activities (think hikes, think mini golf, think good times).
- Birthday leave: Cake Day all the way. Enjoy your day off – you deserve it.
- Right tools, right job: Mac or Windows, two monitors or one. Whatever your preference, you’ll work on the latest tech, off the latest tech.
- Help when you need it most: Confidential counselling, legal support and financial guidance, for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Tech stack (for days): Angular, Python, Kotlin, Swift, AWS, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, IOT and all things machine learning. If you build it, they will come.
- Free parking: No more 5km fun runs to your desk (unless you want to).
Like what you see?If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind. Apply today!!
Mr D is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference