Website FNB South Africa
About the job
Mr D, a division of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Junior Graphic Designer to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us!
Think you’ve been challenged before? Think again!
- Scale: Show the millions of Mr D customers what you can do
- Learn: We work with the best of the best, and then some.
- Grow: Expand your career in the fast-growing Takealot Group: takealot.com, Superbalist.com and Mr D. We like to promote from within: Here’s your chance.
This position reports to the Head of Digital Design of Mr D.
- Create concepts based on brand strategy, brief and insights
- Consistently delivering work on time, without sacrificing attention to detail
- Adhere to brand identity and guidelines
- Collaborate effectively with peers in the design and marketing team
- Work on multiple briefs at the same time
- Develop work, iterate, prepare mockups and present work
- Implementing and delivering on feedback accurately and gain approval from senior management and peers
- Adapt and roll out approved concepts to various media
- Make sure artwork is correct and supplied in the right formats and sizes before being supplied to go-live
- Adhere to team processes and quality standards
- Excellent self-management and time management
- Good communication skills to accurately convey your concepts to clients and team members
- Enthusiasm for being a part of a fast-moving start-up environment and passion for design
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Key software capabilities include Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Figma. Adobe After Effects is
- Illustration or photography skills advantageous
- Excellent understanding of design principles, not limited to but including layout, colour, contrast, typography, scale, and composition.
- Excellent understanding of digital design best practices. Understanding of print best practices is advantageous.
- Have a strong, well-rounded portfolio that showcases your individual design aesthetic
- Have an on-trend, collection of design references on platforms such as Behance and/or Pinterest and/or Instagram.
- Good understanding of social media and social media marketing
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design
- 0-3 years’ work experience – Must have proven internship as a designer at an advertising or design agency
- Retail experience advantageous.
Let’s talk about life @ Mr D
- The power is in your hands: We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs. Go on, be the master of your own destiny.
- No doors: We aren’t fans of stuffy offices or siloed work environments. See someone you like? High five, collab and make something great.
- Online Learning: Share ideas and grow with global industry leaders who are all just a Slack message away. Love to learn? Up-skill with free access to courses on MyAcademy and more.
- Good times: Get to know the other extraordinary minds in the takealot group during regular social events and out-of-office activities (think hikes, think mini golf, think good times).
- Birthday leave: Cake Day all the way. Enjoy your day off – you deserve it.
- Help when you need it most: Confidential counselling, legal support and financial guidance, for free, anytime, anywhere.
- Free parking: No more 5km fun runs to your desk (unless you want to).
Like what you see?If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind. Apply today!!
Mr D is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference