The purpose of the position is to provide an opportunity for candidates interested in pursuing a career in Internal Auditing to understand the fundamentals of Internal Audit (via a formal study programme), while allowing them the opportunity to get exposed to the practical application of auditing methodologies within the working environment. The incumbent will be required to perform basic audit functions of testing, analysing and compiling report items through on-the-job training and under the supervision of a qualified auditor. The incumbent will also be provided with formal classroom training, under the auspices of a specific SETA-accredited Learnership program.
- Participating in ad hoc projects as per business requirements Specific responsibilities would vary depending on placement, but in general, the
- candidate would assist and be involved in:
- Documenting results of reviews in working papers
- Internal audit projects
- Compiling a summary of the Audit results and writing audit findings
- Assisting with audit reports
- Executing Audit Programs
- Mapping business processes
- Identifying Business Risks
- Adapting to auditing process and practicing the required audit methodology
- Attending training interventions and related auditing activities
- Formulating Audit Tests
- Although based in Johannesburg, the position would require travelling.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Some background in the financial services industry would be an advantage.
- Communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Completed tertiary qualification degree (Bcom Internal Audit, Accounting)
- Driver’s license essential.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A