Website Fidelity Services Group
About the job
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with
the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets,
preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
WATER AND SANITATION ● DISTRIBUTION SERVICES ● INFORMAL SETTLEMENT AND BASIC SERVICES
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R912 661 TO R1 378 768 PER ANNUM
- BTech or degree in building or civil engineering and project management qualification
- A minimum of five (5) to six (6) years’ relevant experience in project management at an appropriate level
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Candidate Engineer/Technologist (existing registration advantageous)
- Computer literacy in MS Office Applications, SAP, MS Projects, SAP Project Systems (PS) and SAP Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Engage, facilitate and manage both internal and external customers, departments and other entities during the initial scoping phase of projects
- Monitor and report on progress made, quality issues and standards applicable to the projects to the sponsor and other role players
- Establish and lead project teams
- Ensure expenditure of capital and operating budget funding in line with approved cash flow projections
- Implement appropriate communication strategies with fellow professionals as well as internal and external clients to share and work on issues of common interests and/or to share information
- Develop change management strategies appropriate to each project that is assigned to the incumbents
- Facilitate project coordination and integration across all relevant Departments
- Draft reports and correspondence of a complex and involved nature to inform the relevant stakeholders
- Maintain all aspects of project governance to ensure that all stages of project programmes are monitored and all documentation and records are on hand throughout the project lifecycle, to assist in decision-making and identification of potential risks
- Deliver projects and programmes within the achievement of an integrated approved set of technical, manpower, cost and schedule requirements
- Evaluate and analyse project performance monthly against predetermined parameters.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 10 March 2023
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website atwww.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.