Website eThekwini Municipality
About the job
Who are we?
Glacier by Sanlam brings together leading experts and respected financial services companies to meet clients’ investment needs. We deliver focused investment services through specialist teams, partner with acclaimed financial intermediaries and pride ourselves on our superior products and solutions and high quality service. We offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, designed to assist in the creation and preservation of wealth. Our offering encompasses local investments, including fixed term investments and investments with guarantees, international investments, retirement saving solutions, and retirement income solutions. While each solution has its own distinct purpose, they all share the world-class quality and commitment that have come to distinguish Glacier.
What will you do?
To provide support and assistance to the Business Development Manager; to develop and/or increase Glacier market share of retail investment business in the Western Cape IFA and SFA markets, whilst collaborating with the relevant SanlamConnect distribution channels. Will be responsible for contribution to the regional, provincial, and national distribution and sales strategy.
What will make you successful in this role?
The following outcomes will be expected to be achieved by the Business Development Consultant:
Knowledge and education
- Travelling to and training Intermediaries Assistants, Intermediaries Broker Consultants, Intermediaries Office Personnel and Intermediaries on Glacier products, the Investment Hub and web
- Identify training needs to educate and empower the Intermediary Assistants
- Drive Digital engagement with Intermediaries Assistants
- Building relationships with Intermediaries Assistants, Intermediaries Broker Consultants, Intermediaries Office Personnel and Intermediaries.
Marketing and Sales initiatives
- Co-ordinate BDM’s annual marketing budget and Conflict of Interest register
- Take the Lead to drive marketing campaigns and themes
- Co-ordinate and manage training functions/events and fund manager presentations
Targets and inflows
- Assisting the Business Development Manager in servicing Intermediaries in the process reaching monthly inflow targets across all 3 product lines being LISP, Life and Glacier International.
- Manage and track progress of all new business submitted including liaising with Life and Glacier International BDC’s to assist with administration of cases.
- Assisting with Glacier proposals, quotations, ICE and tools
- To ensure intermediaries adhere to all regulatory requirements (e.g. FAIS, FICA)
- Draw and interpret Business Intelligence reports to identify areas of opportunity and improvement
- Attending to office administration (co-ordinating of managers diary, preparing documentation, overall smooth flow of day-to-day tasks)
- Attending to general day-to-day tasks associated with supporting the Business Development Manager when dealing with clients and intermediaries (Intermediaries/ IFA) i.r.o
- Telephone enquiries and written communication
- Assisting clients/intermediaries with processes & business
- Distribution of marketing materials (application forms, brochures)
- Managing the Intermediaries Database
- Work closely with other BDC’s in the team to communicate about panels and distribute tasks accordingly to maximize productivity and know where pressure points are to be addressed.
- Support the Regional BDC Manager
Qualifications And Experience
- Relevant financial/ investment qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the investment / collective investment service industry
- Valid Driver’s License and own reliable vehicle
- MS Office suite (intermediate level)
- Knowledge of economic principles, environment and investment products
- Excellent telephone etiquette
Qualification And Experience
Valid drivers license.
Degree or Diploma with 2 years related experience.
Knowledge And Skills
Financial advice and support
Assist with production target achievement
Partnership and network building
Business insight – Contributing independently
Communicates effectively – Contributing independently
Action orientated – Contributing independently
Plans and aligns – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
Customer focus – Contributing independently
Drives results – Contributing independently
Collaborates – Contributing independently
Being resilient – Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.