Website eThekwini Municipality
To provide technical support to the planning branch by conducting surveys, research , land assessments and preparation of plans to enable the Branch to render and effective service
- Provide key technical support on strategic planning projects and initiatives such as Vacant Land Audit, Informal Settlement programme and other related projects.
- To assist with the technical training and mentorship of in-service students and trainees.
- In conjunction with the GIS personnel ensure that all projects are mapped out and captured on GIS.
- To undertake site inspections and attend community meetings.
- Undertake the preparation of the base plans and conceptual plans incorporating sub-divisional layouts for potential housing development.
- Performing a liaison and co-ordination function. Co-ordinate and process land applications for housing development relating to the release of Council land and rights.
- Provide support in the management and dissemination of information. To engage in the necessary working groups, discussion groups teams etc established.
- Undertake assigned tasks related to the preparation, monitoring and review of strategic planning projects and initiatives. Conducting site analysis.
- Ability to use Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Understanding of community development
- Ability to use Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Experience in research.
- A National Higher Diploma in Town and Regional Planning from a recognized institution or B.Tech (Town planning) or equivalent qualification.
Qualification & Experience:
- Valid motor vehicle driving license.
- A National Diploma in Town and Regional Planning from a recognized institution or equivalent qualification.
- 3 Years relevant experience.
Company: eThekwini Municipality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A