Website Department of Environmental Affairs
- Ensure that all incidents are effectively managed and closed out after root cause analysis with
- Effective control measures being implemented.
- Ensure that the OHS risk management programme is implemented in line with the legal risk
- Support safety Management, including implementation of appropriate training.
- In addition the incumbent will be required to carry out regular OHS compliance assessments and manage the close out of corrective actions.
- Develop, and draft policies and management guidelines according to ISO 45001.
- Oversee the implementation and administration of COIDA claims.
- The incumbent will have to establish OHS committees at relevant levels, with the required appointments in place
- Ensure management of a COID System & Administrative procedure.
- Manage effective OHS control mechanisms.
- Ensure that all elements within the ISO 45001 framework are applied.
- Manage emergency procedures and organise emergency teams.
- Develop search and rescue protocols
- Develop safety, health and environmental management policy for all Antarctic and Southern Oceans and island operations (ISO 14001).
- Ability to develop and apply policies.
- Innovative and proactive.
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to gather and analyse information.
- Ability to work long hours voluntarily.
- Ability to collect and interpret information and reports.
- Ability to organise and plan under pressure.
- Good interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Conflict management and resolution.
Company: Department of Environmental Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A