Website Department of Environmental Affairs
- Ensure efficient and aligned policy development for subject matters and projects in the department.
- Oversee the provision of strategic and annual performance planning support to the public entities of the department.
- Provide overall leadership by ensuring the strategic management and co-ordination as well as the successful functioning of the chief directorate.
- Oversee and manage the provision of strategic support to the Office of the DirectorGeneral.
- Ensure the submission and compliance of public entities with corporate governance requirements and manage governance projects and related engagements undertaken with public entities.
- Manage and provide content for executive engagements in the Cabinet processes to ensure efficiency in high-level government decision-making engagements and processes.
- Strategic capability and leadership; people management and empowerment.
- Five (5) years of experience at a senior managerial level within the relevant field.
- Understanding of Hierarchy and management structure of the department.
- Programme and project management skills.
- Understanding of change management and financial management.
- Extensive experience in business management and administration procedures.
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of research methodologies and research presentation.
- Knowledge of strategic coordination and planning.
- Sound organising, planning and excellent communication skills, analytical, innovative, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of public service administration and departmental procedures.
Company: Department of Environmental Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A