Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
About the job
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
This role is individually accountable for achieving results through others, over periods of 3 months to a year. The focus is the following: execution of the business plan and for governance and compliance at an operational level, preparation of management reports, provision of interpretation of financial data and predictive results, implementation of accounting processes, systems and controls
Key Result Areas:
- Generates management reports.
- Develops, reports on and interprets financial data, cost drivers, KPIs and benchmarks.
- Provides commentary on financial results and implications and advises on corrective action to be taken.
- Interacts with stakeholders on financial outcomes, expense trends, etc.
- Supports the execution of a business plan.
- Generates financial information.
- Analyses and reports on variances.
- Maintains suitable financial control environment.
- Responsible for audit liaisons as per tax, legislative and statutory requirements.
- Attendance at board meetings.
- Supporting and leading a team for the caretaking of legal entities and central funding portfolio entities.
- Compilation and review of annual financial statements for legal entities.
- Emphasis of the role is on strong knowledge and application of current IFRS technical standards.
Governance & compliance
- Integrates accounting, audit and tax knowledge in terms of analysis and interpretation of technical issues
- Ensures compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards, Tax Act and Group accounting policies through active engagement with technical accounting team, tax team and accounting systems (HFM) teams
- Liaising with Corporate Secretarial on matters such as Companies Act compliance, inputs for board meetings and instructions/queries as a result of board meetings
- Pro-active review and improvement of the processes in the team with a focus on key controls
- Manage a team of accountants and responsible for HR related deliverables
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Manage interdependencies and relationships with key stakeholders such as Group Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, External Auditors, Balance Sheet Management, Tax advisory, Corporate Finance, Corporate Secretarial and External Reporting
- Participate/lead on other ad hoc projects and activities
- Qualified CA (SA) with 3 – 5 years appropriate post qualification experience
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Ability to deal with complex technical issues
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with HFM reporting software and Group Financial Reporting processes will be advantageous
- Experience with end to end processes for large/complex legal entities will be advantageous
- Willing and able to learn fast and assimilate a significant amount of information
- Able to work constructive under pressure and manage change
- Team player
- Team leader experience
- Motivated self-starter
- Clear credit & criminal records
The appointment will be made from the designated group in line with the Employment Equity Plan of Old Mutual South Africa and the specific business unit in question
Accounting Policies, Accounting Processes, Analytical Thinking, External Reporting, Financial Controlling, Financial Reporting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Management Reporting, Reporting Processes, Results-Oriented, Self-Starter, Teamwork, Technical Accounting
Chartered Accountant (Required)
18 March 2023
Old Mutual Limited is pro-vaccination and encourages its workforce to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
All prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
Please refer to the Old Mutual’s Covid-19 vaccination policy for further detail. Kindly note that Old Mutual reserves the right to reinstate the requirement to vaccinate at any point if it is of the view that it is imperative to do so.