Website Discovery Limited
Understand the business requirements, and through a structured process, document, validate and translate it into functional specifications that are used by developers to develop a technical solution. Test and validate the functionality of the technical solution against the business requirements. Ensure that the business requirements are delivered in the implemented solution. Interface between the business customer and the development team with regards to the business, non-functional and functional requirements.
- Challenge the business in their thinking, and develop alternative proposals, to ensure that the intent of the business requirement is met.
- Introduction of Business Process improvements, and formulation of Process Diagrams.
- Pursue enquiries with clients to understand the ‘why’ rather than the ‘what’ of the business request.
- Provide support to business in implementing effective and efficient solutions.
- Define application problem by conferring with clients, evaluating procedures and processes.
- Analyze, model, and interpret data using different tools and techniques.
- Formulation of analysis documentation, Functional Specifications, Interface Specifications, and prototypes in accordance with industry standards and team best practices.
- Implement, configure, and test feasible solutions, and evaluate alternative workflow solutions.
- Perform analysis on system interfaces and create corresponding interface specifications.
- Ensure the solution architecture is aligned with the business and functional requirements.
- Business and technical requirements gathering and analysis thereof, and ensuring requirements and expectations are met, and that all possible scenarios are covered.
- Good understanding of UML, specifically:
- Use Case Diagrams & Narratives
- Activity Diagrams
- Conduct Functional Specification walkthroughs with developers.
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Facilitate client-walkthrough JAD sessions, and sign-off of Functional Specifications with business owners to ensure Business Requirements have been met.
- Sequence Diagrams
Qualification & Experience:
- Business Analyst Certification, Diploma, or Advanced BA Qualification is advantageous.
- Advanced UML or BPMN course would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Technical Systems Analysis and Integration.
- NQF Level 5: Certified in a 3-year National Diploma, BSc Computer Science, or BCom Information Systems (or similar).
- Experience in Agile (breaking down Epics into smaller User Stories, estimating, and writing User Stories).
- Experience in Data Analysis.
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A