Website Discovery Limited
About the job
- To drive optimal pricing for Capitec Life through assuming accountability for all elements along the actuarial pricing lifecycle, including experience analysis, choosing rating factors, profit testing, developing code for new product features and competitor analysis.
- At least 7 years’ actuarial experience in the life insurance industry including pricing and product design experience.
- Knowledge of embedded value calculations for determining appropriate pricing of products.
- Stakeholder relationship management.
- Previous leadership experience
- 7+ years’ actuarial experience in the life insurance industry including pricing and product design experience.
- Experience of working on multiple projects for various parties simultaneously and working with a team with multiple deliverables.
- Previous management experience
- Honours Degree in Statistics or Mathematics
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- Honours Degree
- Extensive knowledge of the South African life insurance environment.
- Knowledge of pricing methodologies, VNB Margins and Return on Equity calculation for insurance products.
- Knowledge of reinsurance and its role in pricing life insurance products.
- Understanding the regulatory requirements of product design for Life Insurance products.
- Knowledge and experience in using FIS Prophet.
- Business case conceptualisation, principles and compilation.
- End to end execution and implementation of the pricing on the various systems.
- Attention to Detail
- Decision making skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Problem solving skills
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record