Website Discovery Limited
The Data Architect utilizes their passion for data delivery to bring about new ideas and improvement on existing solutions. The Architect utilizes strong data management, integration, and analytical skills to support BI initiatives in a Customer Centric environment. This position will work with IT professionals to ensure all data is understood and translated accurately, through defined Governance processes, to drive informed decision making.
- Transform business requirements into Star Schema data models
- Conduct data analysis and data profiling.
- Develop subject matter expertise in both business processes and data sources.
- Communicate and collaborate with teams to action requirements and deliver the required Data solutions
- Interact with systems analysts, architects, developers and development managers to understand source structures and information
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage overall quality of final outputs delivered to business.
- Facilitate definition of business key performance metrics.
- Ensure that BI solutions meet business needs in totality.
- Documenting of technical specifications.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a variety of clients including executive and operational
- Perform impact and gap analysis based on requirements
- Perform thorough testing of outputs using SQL.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience in gathering and documenting technical requirements
- Must be able to present solutions and data storylines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Data modelling of the Data Warehouse (Kimball and/or Inmon)
- Experience in writing functional and technical specifications, process flows and source-to-target maps.
- Ability to understand entity-relationship diagrams, normalized and de-normalized structures
- Advanced SQL skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 6+ years’ experience in a Data Architecture in a corporate environment
- DMBOK certified will be advantageous
- Implementation knowledge of Cloud based data solutions (eg. AWS, Azure)
- BCOM Informatics / BSC Computer Science or equivalent data qualification
- 10+ years’ experience in a Business Intelligence environment
- Business Intelligence certifications will be an added advantage
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A