Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Douglasdale store has an opportunity available for a Dispensary Support Learner to join the team. The main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic pharmacist assistant course. This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on the job learning. Staff will be employed in a Fixed Term position as Dispensary Support until such time as they are registered with the SAPC as learner basic assistants. Only once qualified as a basic pharmacist assistant will permanent employment be offered.
- Assist with scheme authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Report on low – / out of stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Ensure that all medications, are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Receive dispensary stock in accordance with the SOP set out by the company.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the
- South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Assist in the control of stock (manage cleanliness and packing organisation of shelves and medicine expiry dates) of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Computer, numerical skills.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate with Mathematics (HG), Life Science and or Physical Science and obtained at least an average of 50%
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A