Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a DC Dispatch Manager – Nightshift to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centres incorporating functions in the following areas; Order consolidation, Dispatch both Local and Line-haul, Returns, and in so doing ensure that both legal and customer requirements are met.
- Ensure that all customer related operational queries are efficiently resolved and feedback is given to customers and special orders are prioritized.
- Manage the productivity and accuracy of the staff within the Department and take required disciplinary action.
- Manage the operation and flow of stock as per Dis-Chem standard and operational requirements.
- Assist with credit note reductions related to damages, picking and checking inaccuracies.
- Ensure training of new staff in that they have the necessary tools and equipment required to perform their duties efficiently.
- Manage the report to expedite orders aging on the conveyor floor.
- Ensure optimal resource planning to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Ensure that pallets are packed correctly and accuracy of stock per store is maintained.
- Implementation of more efficient means of streamlining the operations.
- Experience in Fleet management.
- 2nd Language – Read, write and speak.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Store and Distribution receiving procedures with regard to ordering, receiving and stocking.
- Deadline driven
- English – Read, write and speak.
- Ability to work under pressure
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 Years Management experience in Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Experience in the Retail/Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Experience with SAP, EWM or other ERP systems
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A