Website Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
The CSIR has a vacancy for Procurement Specialist in the Supply Chain Management portfolio. The incumbents will establish and maintain procurement activities on a day to day operational and transactional level. The position is in Pretoria.
- Assess and implement automation of processes to improve service delivery;
- Ensure effective and timely response to user calls related to orders and deliveries;
- Manage procurement transactional services ensuring reduction in purchase order cycle times and tracking supplier performance against targets;
- Ensure the Procurement portfolio’s compliance with CSIR policies, procedures and IT standards focussing on standardisation of processes;
- Keep abreast with business systems and new developments;
- Collect macro- and micro-level market intelligence and analyze spend data;
- Expedite orders to monitor quality, on time deliveries, preferential procurement and savings;
- Document and assess internal stakeholders’ business and sourcing objectives;
- Source suppliers that meet the CSIR procurement criteria and ensure compliance to the CSIR’s B-BBEE policy and programme;
- Determine the total value of identified commodities and report accordingly to management;
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and good interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service focus.
- Sourcing, buying, negotiation, planning and organising skills.
- Supplier evaluation experience and thorough understanding of business processes.
- Contract management skills and e-procurement knowledge.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
Qualification & Experience:
- Thorough working experience on construction related tenders.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent three-year purchasing qualification with at least five years’ experience in procurement.
- Good understanding and experience of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Good understanding of the CIDB Act.
- Good understanding of designated sector procurement.
Company: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A