Website Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
The CSIR has a vacancy for Security Operations Manager in the Facilities Management and Security Services (FM&SS) portfolio. The incumbent will manage and co-ordinate all security operations nationally in safeguarding people, assets and property by developing and implementing operations security plans, standard operating procedures and work instructions. The position is based in Pretoria.
- Conduct security surveys and implement improvement plans.
- Participate in relevant Security structures as required, e.g. Security Forum, Joint Planning Committee, etc;
- Co-ordinating compliance to the National Key Points Act, PSIRA Act, Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicle Act and other relevant legislations;
- Co-ordinate security operations in all CSIR sites;
- Conduct security awareness and training for in-house and outsourced security personnel on security policy, SOPs, standards and company requirements;
- Supervise and co-ordinate CSIR Security Control room staff and activities;
- Management of the Security Receptionists and customer services ;
- Develop and implement operational security plans, including access and egress control, site patrolling, response plans;
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standards to implement the security policy;
- Manage the performance of in-house security staff;
- Management of the SLA of contracted guarding security service provider;
- Ability to manage and develop internal and external stakeholder relations;
- Project management, analytical, communication, interpersonal relations, networking, conflict management, problem-solving and computer literacy skills;
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Policy implementation and formulation of plans;
- Knowledge of National Key Points Act and Regulations, Minimum Information Security Standards, Security Systems Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicle Act, and relevant security legislation;
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in conducting security surveys or risk assessments;
- Registration with PSIRA Grade A or B;
- Firearm Competency in the managing and handling of firearms.
- At least five years’ experience within the security environment and at least two of which must have been in a security supervision or management level. .
- A three year National Diploma or Degree in Security Risk Management or equivalent;
Company: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A