Website Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
The CSIR has Doctoral Scholarship in the Energy Supply and Demand Research Group, within the Energy Centre, which is hosted by Smart Places. The scholarship will advance our understanding on the potential climate change impacts on renewable energy technologies in terms of the changes in the resource, energy capture and the implications for project economics. The study is part of a project which covers a range of disciplines that address the research needs of (renewable and conventional) energy system and its climate sensitivity across timescales ranging from weather to climate change. The incumbent will have a chance to work with the project team in multidisciplinary environment. The position will be based in Pretoria.
- Basic computer science and coding experience (particularly R, and Python) will be advantageous;
- Knowledge/familiarity with performing data processing, analysis and visualisation on R, Python beneficial;
- Independent, teamwork and work under pressure attributes are desired for the positon, and experience in this regard will be advantageous.
- A Master’s degree in natural sciences, computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, meteorology, or engineering;
- Effective communication skills (oral, written and presentation);
- An understanding of basic statistics for the processing of large datasets will be advantageous;
Company: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A